DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Sunday, October 9, 2011

Great Friends

I just have two quick stories to tell you guys :)
1. We went to a different church today. Olivo (Olive Tree) is the church that the kids from Rancho go and so we wanted to see what it was like. It was really good and we all liked it a ton! One thing though that I want to share is a very small part of the whole sermon. We were to turn to our neighbor and say, "God wants to use you". As I was sitting next to Marissa and Leydhi I proceded to turn to my right and tell Marissa, "Dios quire usarte" and she responded. I did the same to Leydhi and she being funny said, "No, Dios no quiere usarte" and then said, "Dios ya esta usando te" (God is already using you). That was great. I don't think she had that planned or thought that it would make any difference but it did.
2. Today, I spent about an hour laughing and singing with Elizabeth. First off, we have hospitility together so pretty much we clean an apartment together. We were just goofin' off and having fun, being bothersome to each other and loving it, that sort of thing. Then, we went back to the room and attempted to work on our VBS projects. That lead to trying to remember good kids songs and doing a lot of looking up online. Then Elizabeth hit the jackpot. She found a document online with a ton of old and not too old hymns, kids songs, worship songs and all of the above. We spent about an hour going through the 300+ lyrics they had. It was so much fun! There was a ton of Rich Mullins songs and a few Kathy Traccoli. (This reminded me of you mom! Remember when you went on her cruise? ;) )

Anyway, those were just two ways I love my friends. They are my family, my sisters and my friends and I love them all. God definitely put us all here together. He is so sovereign!

No comments:

Post a Comment