DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Thursday, October 20, 2011

Outreach

This week has been crazy! With class as many times as we could have it, deep cleaning everything, book reports due soon, creative arts projects, writing testimonies and packing on top of our regular job duties. But it's all great cause it's all in preparation for outreach!!! :)
We are doing a thing called state-side outreach before going to Kenya. On Saturday the Americans will be heading to Amarillo, TX for a week to talk to small groups and churches about DTS and our experiences here. We will be staying with families while there and I'm excited to stay in a real house. After that we will be coming back here for another week before heading out. The mexicans on the other hand will be going to Montarey, Mexico and staying there for 2 weeks and heading straight to Africa from there.
I'm really excited how things are working out! I packed today, well organized more like and it was so weird! It's strange to think of other people living in this apartment and not being here.
We will be arriving in Nirobi, Kenya on the 7th of November. For the first 3 weeks we will be staying at the YWAM base called Athi River. Then we will be moving on to Kisumu, Kenya where Michael's Life for Children Ministry is. The rest of the logistics are still unknown.
For all of our travel it costs each of us $1,750 in total. We have yet to raise $8,000 of those dollars to be able to buy plane tickets, which we want to do tomorrow. We saw 8,000 come in today so it is very possible but I still am asking for your prayers. Class has been a good reminder of all The Lord can do and I know He can provide and the power of our prayers.
Thank you all so much for being a part of this awesome part of my life!
I want to send you all a fair warning. I have been posting a lot. And i know mush of you appreciate this as you have told me so. But, we have no idea what the Internet situation will be in Africa. I am saying this now so you guys can prepare ;). I love you all!!
 Grand Rapids I miss you and all your fall loveliness (as Lauren would say)

No comments:

Post a Comment