DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Saturday, October 8, 2011

God's provision

Wow. I feel like I have a lot to catch you guys up on! Let' start with yesterday as that is most important and freshest (is that a word?) in my mind.
Yesterday was no ordinary day. The boys went to get their passports early in the morning and by God's provision they were able to get them yesterday! This is incredible and we are so thankful! The girls got to sleep in and then us Americans went over to the office in El Paso. We went over there to help with the fundraising banquet for the new childrens home. The childrens home, Rancho Los Amigos, right now is falling apart and can only house about 30 some children. They have all the plans and the land for a new childrens home but we are lacking the 2.5 million dollars to build it. Well now less than that. We had the banquet at a church in El Paso and we had about 160+ people there. We were waitresses and although it was hard work it was really fun! Overall we raised $115,000! It was great and very very tiring!
It was cool to see the way that God is starting to provide for the new childrens home and I can't wait to see how He continues to provide for us. I am still so excited to go to Kenya! We are getting more prepared for the kids, and the communication is getting better but I still feel that I am not mentally prepared. But I never really am until I get on the plane. Ty keeps telling us that for finances we do the possible and let Him do the impossible. And I believe we are doing just that. I am excited and of course anxious to see how God provides and very posistive and grateful that He will do so. If you want to help financially you can email me at kelseyraek@gmail.com.
If you want to help us by staying in prayer here are some prayer points:
- Communication between Ty (our leader) and Kenya
- For posistive and believing attitudes
- Fears to be lifted
- Preparation for the kids programs
- Mental preparation
- and continuing unity in our group.

Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment