DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Thursday, September 1, 2011

September

I was just writing in my journal and i thought that I would like to share some of the things i wrote in it with you.
Answered prayers:
- it is getting a lot easier to communicate!
- my bug\bed bites are done itching! I have scares but they don't itch anymore!
- creative arts is going much better!
- my attitude has gone up a lot of the things I was having a hard time with.
- I'm finally getting use to the schedule.
Worship:
We have worship here at the base probably twice a week. It's at 8 in the morning and we have Sean playing the guitar and singing and see all sit on the couches and chairs. And although it is good and i have loved worhsipping in a different language, I miss worhsipping with all you in GR. I miss HG, evensong and BSHOP. It's crazy how fulfilling it is to listen to Hillsong on my iPod. It is definatly a stretching experience.
Realization:
I have been realizing that most (not everything) of the stuff I have learned so far i have heard before. Keep looking back on my notes and remembering past sermons and seeing that i had the opportunity to understand a lot of this before i came. Then i realized that it is the setting. Bing here learning and learning and soaking everything in all at once is the big difference. Everything begins to click and when they say things over and over and over again in as many ways sa they can, i finally get it. It gets ingrained into your mind.
But, I have also been presented with things i have never heard before and things that i have never thought of. The most resent ones are that we don't get saved. It is not an event that happens. It is instead the beginning of a relationship. We can be enlightened for a long time and never really know God. Also we are not dirty rotten sinners who cannot go 5 seconds without sinning. It is possible for us to choose to walk in the light and with practice (as with a marathon) we can go days without sinning. Why haven't i known/understood these things before? God has a perfect plan, remember that.

No comments:

Post a Comment