DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Monday, August 29, 2011

AHHH! Its been a MONTH already!

4 weeks. Who knew that 4 weeks could go by so fast!
This past weekend was so fabulous! I don't really know why but everyone agreed that it was the best one so far! It might have been that we didn't go to church. Ty and Lea were gone for Lea's birthday and we all didn't want to go to the church service that we did last week. Marissa and Lauren watched/listened to their own churches online. I decided to go on a walk with Hillsong. That turned into a run, a long wonderful run. Then more walking. It was overall just great.
I introduced all my roomates to freerice.com (if you don't know what that is you should look it up!) and so I have been almost addicted to learning the flags of the countries. The entire time I think of my first freerice expeirience with Jenny and Annie. I miss you guys! Then Elizabeth and I cooked corn dogs and i made my tortilla chips again! This time they were so much better (except i might have overdosed them with salt, I'm turning into Qudoba!). We celebrated Lea's birthday and she also got a cake smashed in her face :).
Today was a hard day to get out of bed, but it was worth it when i did. We have Stephen Taylor here for the week talking about Evidences of Salvation. In class he introduced himself and told us his salvation using a timeline, a lightbulb and a heart. We all did the same. It's crazy how we have been here for a month and i hadn't heard nearly any of my 'family's' testimonies! They were crazy! It made me wish there was no language barrier so i would have already known and so i could talk to them about there stories.
Today we had small groups and we had a girls time! We did nails and it wasnt necessarily fun but i enjoyed it :). Dinner was my favorite Mexican meal. Rajas con queso. SO DELISIOUS! I ate way too much though. I worked it off by mopping though :)

Can't wait to come back to you guys weighing 15 more pounds! I may not be a freshman but I can still gain the weight!

No comments:

Post a Comment