DTS Verse

Psalm 34:8 "Taste and see that the Lord is good!"

Saturday, August 20, 2011

WAR!

Wohoo! Its the weekend! 3rd week almost done! It's crazy to think I've only been here for 3 weeks!! Alright so i will clue you in about thursday and friday, they were crazy days so i didn't get a chance to post.
Thursday: class was alright. . . Still trying hard to listen and pay attention. Lunch cleanup took a while and it would have taken forever if Lalo wouldn't have helped! Creative arts class was good and fun again. Before dinner we had our first 'family meeting'. It was very good and productive! We just talked about how things were going and it turns out that I'm not the only one who struggled with listening and not understanding the teacher. We had class at night and the other teahcer didn't even speak! She is a part of a house of prayer in Juarez and she brought the leader of the jhop who spoke to us. Her name is Beti and she is CRAZY! Haha there was no way we were going to sleep in class! She talked about spiritual warfare and praying and stuff. It was great information, she was just crazy! That class went long and then we watched a short film after class. It ws so late! I didn't really do anything but get out my glow sticks (thank you lottie and Emma :) and play around with them.
Friday: got up and had a short class for like 30 min. Then we went to war. We went downtown to the government building, the catholic centers, the local radio station and the Santa Muerte store and parred over everything. It was crazy! We spoke against the demons and called Satan out of all those places. It was a great experience, i learned a lot!!! Beti is crazy!
We then got back late for lunch and i walk into lunch and there were flowers for me for my birthday! I love you mom :). After we got done eating, they brought me my cake. It is a tradition in Mexico to cut the first piece and bite it. Well guess who got a face full of cake? Me. Haha I knew it was going to happen but they were chanting at me to bite it so i had to do it. While trying to get back at those who shoved the cake in my face, I bumped into the table that my flowers were on . . . Needless to say the are currently residing on a plate instead of in a vase. I didn't have to do lunch cleanup because Lalo did it for my birthday. Then i worked on homework til creative arts. Fridays are group work days and it was hard at first because Alex was being stubborn but once we got going we did well! Then dinner, we had ice cream at the end :). After dinner i got back to our apartment and it was all decorated for my birthday! There were balloons and streamers :) I made a balloon dinosaur and monkey using YouTube :). We had somewhat of a party in our apartment but not really. We watched the illusionist on Leydhi's computer on Elizabeth's bed. It was really hard to hear so we were all smushed together being really quiet. But it was a great birthday!!!
Thanks for all the birthday wishes!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment